Monday 28 October 2013

Quick Sketches

For a fun experiment at uni we were asked to do the following....

1- Draw a portrait of the person next to us in ONE minute:

One minute to draw a portrait of someone is nearly impossible..... well for those who don't study the subject.

2- Draw one object in the room in ONE minute

i decided to sketch part of an open window that was right in front of me

















3- Draw your journey from Home to college in FIVE minutes

i decided to sketch my journey in a cartoony way, by plotting down all the significant things throughout my journey. Using an alarm clock to wake me, then the footsteps resemble me leaving the house, then Costa cup to show my morning coffee. and so on
i believe that this picture would only be understood by me mostly because the symbols are used were created by me.





4- Draw the first house you ever lived in, in FIVE minutes


this is the living area of my first house the reason i remember it so well was because of its big free space that i used to run around in. i don't know why i sketched the room in a plan form but i assume it has something to do with me studying interior and spatial design.








5- Draw what you hear...



Song One- All you need in love




Song Two- Slow harmonious song




Song Three- Bitter Sweet Symphony




Song Four- a rough metallic sound

Every one in class sketched what they heard very differently. This is why Sketching is a personal thing, it plotting down you thoughts on paper. And sometimes only you can understand what they are.





I think quick sketches are a fun and useful way of expressing how we truly feel. if we were to draw the same object everyday for one minute i believe that not only will the outcome look close enough to reality but will get better each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment